That's what my dad always said.
****BANG!****
In fact, that's the first thing I remember him saying.
When other kids were playing with dolls and watching Seasame Street, my dad was teaching my how to shoot.
"Squeeze the trigger like you were giving it a hug"
****BANG!****
And he was right.
The quick motion of a finger pull will jerk the gun and change the aim. You got to sloooowly squeeze the trigger and apply no less than 4 pounds 3 ounces of pressure for a smooth shot.
****BANG!****
"...like you were giving it a hug"
A hug.
A hug would have been nice.
It seemed like the only time he was close to me was when he was teaching me how to shoot.
"The only thing in this world you can trust is your gun." he would say.
****BANG!****
Yeah. He was right about that as well.
For reasons to mundane and cliche to talk about, he took off on Mom and me when I was in high school, leaving us to fend for ourselves.
A lot of bad stuff happened after that.
A lot of stuff that I lay at his feet.
****BANG!****
Someone told me they saw him a few towns over. Told me right where to find him.
Click.
I think I'll go say hi. Maybe give him a hug.
No comments:
Post a Comment